Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!
I am currently attending the BarBri bar review course in preparation for the bar exam at the end of July. Everyday from 9AM until somewhere around 1PM we sit in class and learn all the law we should have learned in three years of law school. (I suspect there are others in class that already learned this stuff but am too afraid to ask them lest I get even more nervous than I already am.) The class consists of a lecture (a video lecture) with two ten minute breaks. (more about those later) We are supposed to come to class with paper handouts that look like partial class outlines. In theory, we learn the material by listening to the lecture and filling in the blanks on the outline. There is a lot more we are supposed to be doing (5-9 hours after class!!) but since I am not doing it I wont bore you with those details. The problem is that in order to make sure everyone adequately fills in the blanks, the professor must say every word slowly and at least two times. So, basically, every morning I sit through a class for 4 hours that could be delivered in 45 minutes. This leaves me with a lot of time. (I am also one of the lucky few to have the handouts in Word format so I don't have to hand write anything which I think I forgot how to do) How do I manage to do this after not going to class for two years? Good question.
Having access to the internet definitely helps get through the day but I realized that alone is not enough (I still don't know what the 95% of people without internet do) and hence the birth of this blog. In truth, I wanted to start a blog years ago and registered this blog name with the intent of forcing a structure on my thoughts. But now, I think I'll use it to fill time and share with you some of the crazy thoughts that go through my brain during these long morning hours. At some point,I hope to write a formal post outlining my expectations from this project, my promises to you the reader, etc. but for now I think I'll just welcome you and your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home